[Koha] Introduction / Inventory questions

Natalie Weber natalie.a.weber at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 12:18:34 NZDT 2012

Hi all,
I am working in a departmental library and have inherited a KOHA database.
I have been spending some time getting used to the system. The previous
students with my job description have catalogued most of our books here.
Now I'd like to generate an inventory list to print so that I can check off
books which are here and see which books have walked off the shelves.

The problem is that when I go to the inventory/stocktaking option and try
to generate a report, it's blank. An extra button pops up that lets me page
through page after page of fantastically blank inventory. Actually, I
haven't figured out how to generate any kind of report at all. Any and all
combinations of options I try don't work. Has anyone else run into this
problem?

We are on KOHA version 2.2.9, and I have been avoiding updating while I get
used to the system and finish cataloguing the books. If the answer to my
question is "that bug was fixed / feature was implemented five versions
ago; update!" then can someone kindly point me to documentation on how to
back up the database before I do that? ^^;;

Thanks for your help,
--Natalie

--
Natalie Weber