[Koha] Search of Non-Latin records

MHE I.T. Admin (DRR) admin at mhe-krg.org
Tue Nov 20 01:28:10 NZDT 2012

Dear Araik,

I think no Latin characters indexing and searching remain the
major bottleneck of Koha. I can not imagine a library in the world with
couple books in non Latin characters and I am not sure why
the developer community has not been able to address this.

We have many books in Arabic and Kurdish in our library and we have not
been able to index them yet. We have tried to find a solution for 4 months
now. We tried all possible direction we got and still when we look for book
Koha will list all of the book with non Latin characters.

I suggest integrating Google Search API in Koha might solve all the issue
we have.

DRR