[Koha] Help with 'scan indexes'

Stefano Bargioni bargioni at pusc.it
Thu Nov 15 21:49:30 NZDT 2012

Nicole Engard wrote:

> Can someone clarify this FAQ for me:
> http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/en/searchfaq.html#advancedsearchfaq (the
> one on scan indexes)? Either an email to me or a patch to the manual
> would be great!!
> Nicole

Hi, Nicole:
in my opinion, the search
ti,first-in-subfield=string
allows to retrieve bib records whose ti starts with string.
Since ti index (a Zebra index) is fed up by more than one MARC tag, the query is not a scan. It is an advanced search (as the manual section title says).
Scan means (in my opinion) to browse an ordered list (of authors, subjects, titles...) starting from an entry point.
Anyway, in
http://your_catalog/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl
no buttons have value 'scan indexes' or something similar...
Bye. Stefano