[Koha] Email notices - changing the From address

Shane Green shane at creative-entropy.com
Sat Nov 10 03:25:27 NZDT 2012

When the system sends out notices they are being sent from
koha at explorethelibrary.com and so in most email clients they list the sender
as "koha".  Our patrons aren't going to recognize that so I've been trying to
set it to add "Ash Flat Library".

The usual method would be with quotes and brackets:
"Ash Flat Library" <koha at explorethelibrary.com>
This puts double quotes around the From and then shows nothing at all for the
KohaAdminEmailAddress variable next time you open the Admin.

Trying to escape the quotes with a slash doesn't work.

No quotes fails by giving just Ash and nothing else.

Single quotes fail as well.

What am I missing?