[Koha] Addition to Koha Web Page as a Koha Support Provider / Ozgur Yazilim A.S.

Doruk Fisek dfisek at ozguryazilim.com.tr
Tue Nov 6 00:58:17 NZDT 2012

Hi,

Tue, 6 Nov 2012 00:17:49 +1300, Chris Cormack
<chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> :

> Welcome to the community Doruk, I hope to see more of you on the
> mailing lists, and perhaps IRC.
> Hopefully on bugs.koha-community.org too :)
Thank you.

As a seperate but somehow related issue, we had had tried to be active
before actually but lacked communication skills I believe :).

We had had packaged Koha last year for a Turkish distribution called
Pardus (which resulted in us actually packaging a lot of Perl packages
and other stuff) for its LTS release. The distribution is
government-funded but unfortunately currently in disarray (due to
political power shifts).

We also had done a near complete Turkish translation of Koha 3.4 (the
latest release at that time) via PO files (Kbabel, etc). Then we
uploaded it to Pootle but it didn't get approved and merged (don't know
why). So we published it as a patch via a web page.

We're still using Koha 3.4 in our installations because of that and it's
going to be a real drag to merge strings or translate from scratch.

What is the correct way to make the translations? Pootle isn't really
practical for everyone, especially when translating offline, that's
why we had preferred PO file translation method. However we don't want
to risk making another version specific translation.

                   Doruk

--
Özgür Yazılım A.Ş. ~ #
http://www.ozguryazilim.com.tr