[Koha] Problems with the Koha wiki - registration and editing for new users

mjr at phonecoop.coop mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu May 31 01:07:00 NZST 2012

David Nind <david.nind at gmail.com>
> I tried another email address (yahoo.co.nz) and haven't received a
> confirmation email.  I also checked the spam folder for Gmail, but nothing
> was in there (apart from spam, of course).

Not sure if you're trolling but I'll assume not.  Yahoo and AOL are
about the only spam filters worse than Google.  Hotmail/WinLive is
also a poor service. All of them reject spam without telling you or
giving you any way to check for it - the spam folder is only a small
fraction of it.  Yahoo even deploys countermeasures against sending
servers, even for erroneous spam detections, which is just rude.

I think the wiki just gives up if email is rejected (after all, what
can it do?).

I'm not sure what to recommend. I use various mailboxes from my co-op ISPs,
so don't have much call to use free webmails at the mo.  Anyone got one
they know works with the wiki, please?

Hope that informs,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/