[Koha] Problems with the Koha wiki - registration and editing for new users

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed May 30 23:29:19 NZST 2012

David Nind wrote:
> I've registered, but have yet to receive a confirmation email (which is
> required before you can edit a page).
>
> There also seems to be a lot of 'spammy' new user account registrations on
> the "Recent changes' page as well.
>
> Is this something we should log a bug report for?

Maybe, but I think maybe first you should try an email address with
better spam filters than Google Mail.  Ideally, something where you
can check the server mail logs and see if any attempt is made.

I say that because I had some kohacon12 sponsors report not receiving
autoreplies from the main website... and I think all of them used
Google Mail, as do you and kwareict.com mail is handled by 30
aspmx5.googlemail.com.  It's not like the autoreplies were form emails
that looked like spam, so I suspect Google have cranked up the
filtering to paranoid and don't give a toss about mediawiki users.

Alternatively, maybe one of the wiki sysadmins can check its mail
logs.  It wouldn't be the first time it stopped emailing people.

Thanks for looking into this,