[Koha] Use of Google Analytics and +1 on Koha website

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon May 28 23:56:34 NZST 2012

Peter
> Piwik even offers an option for you to offer your visitors a way to
> opt out of analytics by clicking on a link. It's easy to set up and
> easy to use. It creates lots of reports, it's customizable… in a
> word, excellent.

Not completely related and I probably should know the answer anyway,
but can Piwik be used in opt-in mode?  That is, no tracking unless
the user consents.

I didn't see this on http://piwik.org/privacy/ and that page tried to
set a cookie without my permission.

I'd like to see koha-community replace Google with Free and Open
Source Software, but let's see if we could be really well-behaved
while doing it.  Opt-out is not good enough for tracking cookies in
the UK any more... although I doubt our law applies to a
global-audience US-hosted site like koha-community.org (again I should
know this but I'm too lazy/busy to look it up right now).

Regards,