[Koha] Competing patron messages

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed May 23 07:28:49 NZST 2012

We currently have two different ways to add messages to a patron's
record: You can add an "OPAC note" or "Circulation note" when editing
the patron record, or you can add a "Message" from the checkout
screen.

Is there any reason to continue to offer these two options?

I propose that we eliminate the notes which are stored in the
borrowers table and migrate them to the messages table. Since the
messages table includes the library where the message was set, we
could add the patron's home library as the message's originating
library.

Are there reasons why libraries are choosing to set messages via the
patron edit interface rather than the circulation interface?

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries