[Koha] Can anyone help a new Koha user?

Arslan Farooq arslanone at gmail.com
Sat May 19 01:12:06 NZST 2012

Hi Stewart

If the only reason you are trying to install Koha on Windows is that you
don't know how to install and use Linux then I think we need to find some
way we can help you set up a Linux box and help you set up Koha on it.

Once Koha is up and running on a Linux (preferably Debian) PC, then more
people will be able to help you with issues and questions you may have
later on.

Now about helping you to set up Debian Linux first, then Koha:

How about you spend you time and effort on learning how to install Debian
on a PC. I assure you it will be worth the effort. You can find help online
how to do that. And, I'm thinking, perhaps I can help you set up Debian on
a PC on a Sunday using chat (#koha, Yahoo etc), or Skype. Have not thought
much about it yet. Just an idea. But seems possible. We can talk about it.

Once Debian is set-up, then installing Koha using Debia koha-common package
is very easy.

You decide. Be brave. Don't be afraid of Linux.

arslan

Hi everyone,