[Koha] data migration from libsys to koha

Fabio Tiana fabio.tian at gmail.com
Sat May 5 06:44:39 NZST 2012

Amit,

which are the source and destination formats involved in the migration?
MARC21? UNIMARC? Other?

What kind of items? Books, serials...?

MARCedit ( http://people.oregonstate.edu/~reeset/marcedit/html/index.php ) is
a nice tool for editing MARC records. You can arrange your records there in
order to match a few Koha local tags such as item type or library branch.
These are required by Koha to work properly.

Please keep in mind that some Koha tags vary between MARC flavors. This
guide refers to MARC21:
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/en/catguides.html#id408716 ; you might
have to change tag 952 according to your MARC flavor (Koha handles UNIMARC
holdings data in tag 995). Check your MARC Bibliographic Framework in the
backend Administration area for that.

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Fabio