[Koha] Publication dates in Koha

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Thu May 3 15:09:41 NZST 2012

Nicole Engard schreef op wo 02-05-2012 om 19:48 [-0700]:
> Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression
> that the first was for Marc21 and the latter for Unimarc dates. And
> that this data came from the 260.

It's much more complicated than that. copydate is in a control field, I
forget which right now, as a fixed-length set of digits. pubdate is in
260$c and is often irregularly formatted.

If you have good clean records, copydate is better, but in real life
what we often do is point copydate in zebra to 260$c and polish them up
a bit.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.