[Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 78, Issue 55

Arslan Farooq arslanone at gmail.com
Tue May 1 01:12:37 NZST 2012

Hi Sander

I've installed Debian Squeeze (6.0.4-i386-xfce) and i'm wondering where can
> i find a step by step guide (with all packeges requires, apache, mysq,
> zebra
> and perl configuration) for the installation of Koha 3.8 on this operating
> system, all the guide that i've seen seems to be too generic, for my little
> knowledges.

This might help you a bit (or not)... after installing Debian:

1: add this to a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list file:
   deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha squeeze main

2. wget -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | sudo apt-key
add -

3: add in /etc/apt/sources.list:
   deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main
   dev-src ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main

4. apt-get update

5. apt-get install koha-common

6: apt-get install mysql-server

7: a2enmod rewrite