[Koha] Branch Specific System Preferences

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri Mar 23 06:18:11 NZDT 2012

Recently the need has arisen locally to run the self-checkout (sco) under
multiple user accounts to accommodate multiple branches using the sco
module. To the best of my understanding this is not currently possible due
to the way in which the user for the sco module is defined using a system
preference. While there may be a number of ways to accomplish this, it
seems that it may be desirable to have a category of "branch specific"
system preferences. This would be an attempt to group system preferences
into one of two general categories of "global" or "branch." Before
launching out into writing such a feature, I thought I'd run it by both
lists to see if a) I'm way off base, b) if such a feature is desirable, and
c) if I'm off on an insanely hard project.

Kind Regards,
Chris