[Koha] KohaCon12 - Overnight train London to Edinburgh

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Mar 23 00:43:07 NZDT 2012

Bob Birchall <bob at calyx.net.au>
> Scotrail have a very small number of Caledonian Sleeper tickets
> remaining in their Bargain Berths category for the nights of Sunday 3
> and Monday 4 June:
> http://www.travelpass.buytickets.scotrail.co.uk/BargainBerths/Default.aspx
>
> This is an inexpensive way of travelling from London to Edinburgh
> overnight and arriving reasonably refreshed.

Thanks Bob.  I've collected this and other London-Edinburgh train tips
at http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaCon12_Summary#Travel_Tips -
please add any more tips as you find them.  Oh and to confirm: there
was insufficient interest and manpower for the suggested Road Trip, so
that won't happen.  (If there's a sudden outcry now, we maybe could
organise one for after the hackfest, but no promises.)

The key time-sensitive news is that the East Coast (fast daytime
trains) advance booking date has just today extended to cover the
whole of kohacon12: Tickets are now available for travel up to and
including Friday 15 June 2012.

If you have more travel questions, please post them here, on the
list, on the web or anywhere that the co-op might see them...

COMING ATTRACTIONS...

Call for papers will appear later today, after I squash some bugs.

Call for registrations expected to appear early next week.  I expect
it will be mentioned in IRC first, then on mailing lists, then on the
web.  More specific times will be posted as they become known.

Hope that helps,