[Koha] Deleting duplicate biblios and biblios without items

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Mar 8 10:02:52 NZDT 2012

 Once you've got a list of duplicates, I suppose the best way is to address
them individually, merging records that have item numbers, deleting records
that don't?  That could take some time.
What is the best way to handle batch uploads that will result in a large
number of duplicates.  In one case, we'll be adding another 'branch' which
will probably be at least 50% duplicates.  In the second case, there will
be overlap with a special collection already in Koha.
Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.
I'm not the IT half of the team, but I have a sneaky feeling this might
involve doing some digital wizardry outside of Koha.
Elaine
On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can only do it from the command line.  I would back up your
> database and then to delete the bibs without items run these three
> commands in MySQL:
>
> INSERT into deletedbiblio (SELECT * FROM biblio where biblionumber NOT
> IN (SELECT biblionumber from items));
> INSERT into deletedbiblioitems (SELECT * FROM biblioitems where
> biblionumber NOT IN (SELECT biblionumber from items));
> DELETE FROM biblio where biblionumber NOT IN (SELECT biblionumber from
> items);
>
> For duplicates, there are reports to help you find duplicates but not
> to delete them:
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Duplicate_titles
>
> Nicole
>
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 9:02 AM,  <makekee at msu.ac.zw> wrote:
> > We have a number of duplicate entries in our database and also biblios
> > without items. I would like to know how how one can bulk delete duplicate
> > records and all the biblios with no items attached. Thanks in advance
> >
> > Ephraim Makeke

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)