[Koha] Retrieving 10-digit ISBNs in a report

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 07:44:15 NZDT 2012

OK, this got no responses on the Koha developers list :-(, so trying here --

For the purposes of creating a web-based carousel of book covers for
our recent acquisitions, I'd like to run a report that generates a
list of ISBNs of items added between 2 dates.

Amazon, & therefore Koha, rely on 10-digit ISBNs for book cover retrieval.

However, when I run a report using biblioitems.isbn, this is the
output I get. Many truncated ISBNs, presumably because of the max
length = 30 restriction for this particular field.

9780425243244 (pbk.) | 0425243
9780307718099 | 0307718093
0804840288 | 9780804840286 (tr
9780811876377 : | 0811876373 :
1569244677
9781400064588 (acidfree paper)
9780061429255 | 0061429252
9781451661064 (hardcover) | 14

Is there a way to run a report that outputs only the 10 digit ISBNs?

Many thanks,

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library
Sanbornton, NH