[Koha] Mystery system slowdown

G. Laws glawson at rhcl.org
Thu Mar 8 06:45:13 NZDT 2012

This has happened to us several times now. Once I recall was the Baidu
web crawler, but also other .cn crawlers. It also happened to us a
couple of years ago when we were still on Unicorn. ByWater's support has
fixed it with robot.txt and by blocking some ports (TNX!). Frankly, if
it keeps happening (seems to be fixed for now) I will probably just drop
.cn at the firewall.

Greg