[Koha] Recall function

alaa Badri elbadri_father at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 01:28:01 NZST 2012

Thanks All
I will develop it for myself

Best Regards,
Alaa BadriSystem and network administrator New Generation International Schools01227204728

Subject: Re: [Koha] Recall function
From: robin at catalyst.net.nz
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 14:10:17 +0100
To: david.nind at gmail.com; elbadri_father at hotmail.com
CC: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

University libraries have it, where a student may be allowed, say, 3 recall requests per year to allow for things that are real emergencies. I used it once when I needed to verify something a week before my thesis was due.

David Nind <david.nind at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Alaa.

Koha doesn't have this feature as far as I can see in 3.8.1 or 3.8.2 (happy
to be corrected if it does).

There is an abandoned RFC (request for comment) for this:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Recall_requests_RFC

Recalls are also mentioned in this RFC:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Messaging_rewrite_RFC

To add this type of feature you could log an enhancement request, develop
it yourself if you have the skills, or sponsor the development e.g. through
another developer or one of the commercial Koha support companies:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Enhancement_Request_Guidelines
As a non-librarian my only comment is that this seems like a very strange
'feature' to have. I have an item checked out, someone else wants it and
can't wait until it is returned by the normal due date (using the
holds/reserve feature), but can then make me return it early! (I know what
my response would be!). After a quick search on the internet it looks like
something academic libraries might use. I could understand this type of
feature if the loan period for an item was months or years. As 'they' say,
every library is a little different....

David Nind | david.nind at gmail.com
PO Box 12367, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand 6144
h. +64 4 9720 600 | m. +64 21 0537 847 | w. +64 4 8906 098

On 24 June 2012 20:36, alaa Badri <elbadri_father at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I need to know if is recall function added to koha 3.8.1 or not if is not
> how
 i can
add it or use it in this release

Koha at lists.katipo.co.nz