[Koha] Installing Koha on CentOS+cPanel Hosting Server

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 00:07:41 NZST 2012

Hi,

cPanel only provides Perl 5.8, but Perl module Modern::Perl can only
> be installed on Perl 5.10 environment[1].
>
> Koha (last versions) can only be installed on Perl >= 5.10

What do you think?

> In a situation like yours, I have downloaded and compiled Perl (on
/usr/local, 5.14),
then I installed all the required modules from CPAN (a long long work)
Then Koha. It works.

Get rid of cPanel and start providing Perl modules based on CentOS
> environment will simplify the installing process of Koha?
>
> My advice would be not to touch anything in the system.
Only install what is needed by Koha in /usr/local

Bernardo