[Koha] Issues with Serials

Ian Walls koha.sekjal at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 06:22:33 NZST 2012

Haik,

In this respect, Koha has 4 entities to keep track of:

   1. The Biblio
   2. Any Items attached to the Biblio
   3. a Subscription attached to the Biblio
   4. Serial issues for the Subscription (which can correspond to Items, if
   you wish)

You can have multiple Subscriptions to a Biblio; this is where you set the
frequency and location information. Issues are received (or not) as they
come in (or not). Each Issue received can also come with a supplement.
Issues have the option, at the Subscription level, to generate item records
for themselves.  I *believe* supplements can also generate their own items,
but I have not tested that.

Do you barcode your serials issues?  Do the multiple parts to an issue get
barcoded separately?

-Ian