[Koha] Circulation Errors after Upgrade

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Jul 31 12:55:16 NZST 2012

Hi Josh

On 31 July 2012 12:36, Josh Mikow <joshmikow at gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran all of the upgrade scripts to get from 3.01. to 3.6.  Based on the
> file, it looks like it should have run as a part of that process.

Hmm which upgrade scripts are those?

> When I try to run it to view the help it gives me a compilation error.

Whats the error? I bet its missing the path to the C4 modules

> Would it have logged somewhere if this failed as a part of the upgrade?

No. It isnt run as part of the upgrade, because it only needs to be
run in special circumstances, when coming from a pre 3.4.x version to
a 3.6.x, and take a long time potentially.

>From the INSTALL file in the UPGRADE section

"Koha 3.4.x or later  no longer stores items in biblio records.
If you are upgrading from an older version ou will need to do the
following two steps, they can take a long time (several hours) to
complete for large databases

 misc/maintenance/remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run
 misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r
"

You need to run these as the user that runs rebuild_zebra normally
(check your cron if you are unsure) and need to set the paths.

For instance on my machine if I was using a package installed from the tarball

sudo -u koha PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha-conf.xml
perl misc/maintenance/remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run

If I installed from the packages (the best way) (but I think you used
the tarball?)
sudo koha-upgrade-to-3.4 instancename

Chris