[Koha] Let's fix it together!

Daniel Grobani danielg.koha at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:56:42 NZST 2012

Hi,

Thanks for taking the initiative on this!

I don't know if this is within the scope of the project, but as an
example of a search that doesn't work, last year I spent a lot of time
& effort failing to come up with a search query that would show all
new titles at a branch.

I constructed a CCL query I thought would return biblios having at
least one item with both a given branch and an acquisition date in the
last 30 days. But among the search results was a biblio with two
items, one at the desired branch but acquired more than 30 days ago,
and one acquired in the last 30 days but at a different branch.

Galen ultimately confirmed for me that you can't query for an item
that meets two conditions, as CCL queries extend across the whole
biblio--if one item in a biblio meets one of the conditions and
another item meets the other condition, the biblio is returned.

I hope all that was clear.

Thanks again,
Daniel