[Koha] SQL queries to delete records from the database?

Sonia P. sossolapro at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 22 10:00:42 NZST 2012

Hi there

(re:  rebuild-zebra stops working very often, which is not a proper title any more... :p)

I tried to edit a few records from these non-indexed records.  As we speak another language, we have accent issues.  So I need to make sure (again) that our librarians doesn't use any accent on the letters.  So all the records which I have found from that list of non-indexed records have accent problems.

On some records, I can edit the content and remove the accents.

But for some records, I can't even edit the content, because then there
is an error with Koha, the page doesn't show anything with something
like that:  << Software error: Can't call method "field" on an
undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Items.pm line 1421.>>
which is just a random error because it can't find the record anymore
(it finds the records on certain pages, for instance if I want to see
its history, but it can't find the record on any page where it should
show its title).  So no way to solve the problem using the Koha
interface...

 I guess I need a sql query to delete these records from the
database, but something that would really delete everything related to
that item (history, etc). Do you have any idea about that?

But then I just don't understand why these problem records prevent zebra from reindexing the newly entered records... :/

Anyway, I have done the koha-rebuild-zebra -v -f library command to reindex everything.
See below the new report from that new perl script, we moved from 138 non-indexed records to 56 non-indexed records,  just because I have modified a few records (5?) and because I have rerun rebuild-zebra (so it indexed the newly entered records which had no accent problems anyway).

Many thanks for your help!
Would greatly appreciate your expertise about SQL queries to delete everything for faulty records.

Sonia.

############

1000 done
2000 done