[Koha] RLIN

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Jul 18 03:22:34 NZST 2012

At 09:45 AM 7/17/2012 -0400, Nicole Engard wrote:
>Paul,
>There is no more RLIN (although I now the references are still there
>in the frameworks).  In 2006 RLIN was merged with OCLC.
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Libraries_Group

Thanks Nicole.  Good background (shame that our budget doesn't permit full
membership of WorldCat) but I'm still looking for the technical background
for ease of cataloguing.  Am I correct in summarizing:

         - the "RLIN" is not searchable, per se, and its appearance in the
GUI serves no useful purpose to cataloguers?

         - therefore, all frameworks can "hide" (but not delete) all
subfields referring to RLIN?

Assuming its use for indexing authorities, it appears to be just as
important as biblio and item numbers, but where and under what name is this
data stored in MySQL?

Thanks - Paul