[Koha] Koha Zebra Indexing Issue

Sunil Kumar sunil.kumar at ecoleglobal.com
Fri Jul 6 18:51:06 NZST 2012

Dear All,

I have issue with one of our client with zebra indexing.

History.

Koha Version 3.4.1

OS : Debian 5.x

Data Migration: Phase wise we have migrated database into Koha and currently
also client is doing data entry daily basis plus modification.

Issue: book records with clearly item type is defined but when searched 'no
item' is displayed. Even though barcode number, itype, itemtype is clearly
defined. But sometime is show 'no item' error.

Zebra Index configuration

Past: -a -b -z

But this is not reflecting the new book records and in some cased it
displayed 'no items' also even though the item is available with item type
clearly defined both at 900 series (local and marc level).

Secondly search by barcode is also not working; format of the barcode
'Lib0000001212', etc.

Current: -a -b -r

But now new issue pop up after issuing a single copy from a multiple copies
title, items become 'no items' available. And secondly above issue also not
resolved.

Can anybody help me.

Thanks and Regards

R Sunil Kumar