[Koha] Search / index problem, help... ?

Sonia P. sossolapro at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 29 22:50:13 NZDT 2012

Hello

We have got a problem with our search engine... It doesn't find the last biblios that we have just added.  If I run a report, I can find the biblio.  If I try to "check-in" the biblio (using its barcode), I can find it too.  We just can't find it using a normal search in the catalog.  There seems to be some errors due to rebuild-zebra.  The person who receives the logs by email says he receives these errors:
error retrieving biblio 9413 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl line 473.
error retrieving biblio 10570 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl line 473.
Wide character in subroutine entry at /usr/share/perl5/MARC/Charset/Table.pm line 96.And he indeed receives these errors every five minutes, so I guess that means that rebuild-zebra is really working.
The cronjob runs from the cron.d directory (as installed by the package) and that's it:

    # /etc/cron.d/koha-common

      # Call koha-rebuild-zebra for each enabled Koha instance, to make
      sure the

      # Zebra indexes are up to date.

      SHELL=/bin/sh

      PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

      */5 * * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/koha-rebuild-zebra &&
      koha-rebuild-zebra $(koha-list --enabled)

      */15 * * * * root koha-foreach --enabled --email
      /usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

If I run rebuild-zebra as a command line, it doesn't change anything.

Do you have any suggestion for us?

(I am sorry I don't have the whole picture, because we are two persons working on it:  I work more on Koha and I don't know much about the server and all these files, and the other person is working on the server and he doesn't know much about Koha...)

Many thanks for your help!

Sonia.