[Koha] Koha Digest, Vol 75, Issue 58

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Sat Jan 28 08:24:30 NZDT 2012

On 28 January 2012 08:17, Stacy Pober <stacy.pober at manhattan.edu> wrote:
> Sue McMillan wrote:
>> Hi Anne, I don't believe there is a bulk biblio delete built into Koha.  It certainly would be a good development though.
>
> Perhaps she's on one of the PTFS/Liblime versions of their  Koha-based ILS?
>
> At least one of the Liblime sporks has  a batch item deletion and
> editing tool.  I

Koha itself has batch item modification and deletion, and it works
well. But she was asking about batch Biblio deletion. Koha doesn't
have that yet.

<snip lots of stuff not about Koha but interesting nonetheless>

The batch deletion of Biblio's has to be done very carefully, checking
for orders, receives, serials subscriptions etc. Items is a little
easier.

In Koha itself, the batch deletion of items works pretty darn well, so
as long as the biblio deletion tool is coded in the same way, we
shouldn't run into the problems some forks have had.

The nice thing about the Koha development process, is that all changes
need to be signed off, then pass qa, then pass the RM. That's after
they have passed whatever internal process the developers have.

Also new features always go into Koha turned off, and you have to
enable them. Principle of least suprise.

Chris