[Koha] koha on windows 7 install instructions?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Sat Jan 28 08:17:20 NZDT 2012

Hello.

I'm having a tough time finding information about installing koha on
> windows.  Installing apache, perl, and mysql on windows is no problem.  The
> issues arise when trying to install koha.

I'm not surprised. Installing Koha on Windows is very difficult. I'd
recommend against running Koha directly on Windows in the strongest
possible terms. If, however, you want to brave it, Chris Nighswonger has
written a guide to how he got Koha running under Windows:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.4

I'm willing to document the process for windows installation and submit it
> to the docs team for any future windows people.  I just need some help or
> pointers on getting this up and running.
>
> Also, the install notes say:
>  ln -s /etc/koha/koha-httpd.conf /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha
>
> which I guess is softlinking the .conf file to a file in the
> sites-available subdir of apache2.  However, my windows intall of apache
> 2.2 has no subdirectory called sites-available.

You'll need to read the documentation on using Apache under Windows to
figure out where .conf files with Apache virtual hosts go. a2enmod is for
enabling Apache modules (probably has to be at compile time under Windows),
and a2ensite is for enabling sites.

I can't offer any more help than that, as I stopped using Microsoft
products willingly before Windows XP was released.

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/