[Koha] best way to catalog new library?

Kurt Bodling kbodling at mountvernon.org
Sat Jan 28 07:42:19 NZDT 2012

May somewhat depend on just which MARC fields are missing.

If it is 003 and 005, as on lots of records we batch loaded here from a service provider, the you can:

For MARC field 003 - Just enter your library's MARC Organization code (search it at http://www.loc.gov/marc/organizations/org-search.php) or just stick in some abbreviation for your library if you don't have a MARC Organization code -- that's heresy for a cataloger to say, but let's be practical here.

For MARC field 005 - just tab through it and it will fill itself in automatically

For other fields, let us know just which ones your Koha is asking you about.

Kurt

Kurt A. Bodling
Technical Services Librarian
George Washington's Mount Vernon