[Koha] processing of UNIMARC 100$a when importing bibliographic data

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Fri Jan 27 05:36:46 NZDT 2012

Benvenuto Fabio,

 > 20030730d1968----km-y0itay0103----ba

 > but, after the import from Koha backend interface, it becomes

 > 20030730d1968----km-y0frey50 ----ba

 > (as you can see, cataloguing language is changed from "ita" to "fre",
 > character sets from "01" and "03" to "50", and the whole string is 35
 > characters long instead of 36).

During the import process, your biblio records are converted into UTF-8
encoding. That's the reason why 01 is transformed into 50. This is
required.  Otherwise, biblio records parsing inside Koha would fail. The
transformation of 'ita' into 'fre' is not required. Koha could be
modified to leave this 100 tag part unchanged. Take a look at
C4/Charset.pm module: if you fix that you should submit a patch to the
community. For tag length truncation, I have no idea...

--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html