[Koha] processing of UNIMARC 100$a when importing bibliographic data

Fabio T. fabio.tian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 23:28:26 NZDT 2012

Hi all! I'm new to the list, my name is Fabio and I'm a project worker at an
italian IT company for Cultural Heritage and at a library.

I'm going to accomplish a data migration from CDS/ISIS to UNIMARC. I have a
CDS/ISIS made .iso file with the bibliographic records converted to UNIMARC;
this is the input data sent to Koha. Within this file I have 100$a such as

20030730d1968----km-y0itay0103----ba

but, after the import from Koha backend interface, it becomes

20030730d1968----km-y0frey50 ----ba

(as you can see, cataloguing language is changed from "ita" to "fre",
character sets from "01" and "03" to "50", and the whole string is 35
characters long instead of 36).

Here are the specs for UNIMARC general processing data field, 100$a:
http://archive.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/uni1.htm#100

How does Koha process this field? I assume "ita" is switched to "fre"
because of the french developing of UNIMARC framework, but I'd like to keep
"ita" as cataloguing language. And what about character sets and total
length?

Is there a way to inhibit this behaviour? Do I have to edit my bibliographic
records?

Thanks for all the past and upcoming help!
Fabio Tiana