[Koha] accepting payments and credits for returned "lost" items

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Jan 24 14:27:25 NZDT 2012

> Accept credit and debit card payments at accounts desks, self check-out
> stations, and through the public web interface.

No. Koha does not offer any mechanisms for accepting payment.

> Payments should be visible
> in the patron account immediately

Yes, if the payment is manually processed by the librarian and entered
into Koha.

> and related blocks should be removed
> immediately.

I think it depends. If your system is configured to block users with
over X amount in fines, then yes. If your patron has been restricted
based on a fine limit + a cron job, then no, the patron must be
manually unblocked.

> Also, do you know if you can apply a credit to a patron account if they've
> been accessed a fine for a lost item and then it is returned?

I think this happens automatically, but I would get a second opinion.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries