[Koha] Serials Planning Help

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 07:47:17 NZDT 2012

I have a strange Serial planning question. American Libraries
publishes 6 issue a year, and number them like this:

Volume 42 #7/8
Volume 42 #9/10
Volume 42 #11/12

Can anyone come up with a way to enter this in to  Koha to allow for
this type of numbering? All I can come up with (and it's way sloppy)
is to tell Koha that it's 12 issues a year and then delete every other
issue and manually edit the volume/number field to show 7/8 or 9/10
etc.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide.

Nicole

PS. I am still looking for serials planning examples from all types of
journals/magazines so that I can share them in the manual and save new
Koha librarians time!