[Koha] MARC Export problem

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Thu Jan 5 06:16:52 NZDT 2012

Elaine,

Limit by item type only works for records with items. It does not use the
942$c. I'm not sure there is any way to export only those records. Perhaps
your best bet would be to export all records, and then filter out those
records that have items? I'd probably convert the export to MARCXML and use
a simple XSLT stylesheet for the filtering, but I'm sure MarcEdit has some
sort of filtering capability.

Regards,
Jared

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Elaine Bradtke <eb at efdss.org> wrote:

> We have now upgraded to         3.06.02.000
> mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.49, for debian-linux-gnu (i486) using readline
> 6.1
> Server version: Apache/2.2.16 (Debian)
> And still have the same problem as outlined below.
> Any thoughts?
>
> Elaine
>
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Elaine Bradtke <eb at efdss.org> wrote:
> > I am trying to export a group of biblios in order to batch edit them.
> >  These are biblios without item records (they are actually components,
> > part of a larger bound volume, not physical items by themselves).  But
> > when I go through the steps in MARC export  and select item type:
> > component, it produces an empty file.  If I select all item types, it
> > only exports biblios with item records attached.  Which is precisely
> > the opposite of what I'm trying to do.
> >
> > I also tried  selecting 'don't export items' to see if that made a
> > difference.  It doesn't.
> >
> > Is there any way I can extract these MARC records, or do I have to fix
> > them all one at a time?
> >
> > We're running 3.04.02.000 - have been too busy with a major move in
> > the past six months to upgrade.  If this is a problem that has been
> > fixed in a later version that would be useful to know.
> > --
> > Elaine Bradtke
> > Data Wrangler
> > VWML
> > English Folk Dance and Song Society | http://www.efdss.org
> > Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Road, London NW1 7AY
> > Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance
> > and Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me
> > personally, send an e-mail first. I work off site)

> > Registered Company No. 297142
> > Charity Registered in England and Wales No. 305999

> > "Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"
> > --Elvis Costello (Musician magazine No. 60 (October 1983), p. 52)
>

> --
> Elaine Bradtke
> Data Wrangler
> VWML
> English Folk Dance and Song Society | http://www.efdss.org
> Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Road, London NW1 7AY
> Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance
> and Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me
> personally, send an e-mail first. I work off site)

Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/