[Koha] Koha 3.02.00.004 to 3.06.3 database upgrade fails

Dhiru Kholia dhiru.kholia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 02:57:38 NZDT 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Chris Nighswonger
<cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 7:02 AM, Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia at gmail.com>
> How did you do your installation of 3.6.3?

I followed instructions at:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Backing_up_Koha
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu

For backing up 3.02 database I ran "mysqldump -u kohaadmin -p
--ignore-table koha.sessions --ignore-table koha.zebraqueue koha >
mydatadump.sql" command.

I then installed a Koha 3.06.3 on a fresh machine. Before importing
mydatadump.sql I dropped and re-created koha database on the fresh
machine.

>> After database upgrade is done, I get the following error in web browser:
>>
>> Software error:
>>
>> Can't call method "delete" on an undefined value at
>> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 717.
>>

> This is unrelated to the above. It appears that there is no session object
> or something is otherwise broken about the session. Perhaps clearing
> cookies, flushing browser cache, or truncating the sessions table would
> help.

This error is now gone :-). This time I didn't drop and re-create koha
database on the fresh machine. I imported 3.02's mydatadump.sql on top
of existing 3.06.3's new database.
I suspect " --ignore-table koha.sessions" bit might be the reason for
the above error. I also used a different browser after importing the
database. Maybe this part helped to fix the error.

Thanks for help Chris!

--
Cheers,
Dhiru