[Koha] 3.6.2 - System preferences cannot be updated

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri Feb 24 08:53:06 NZDT 2012

Failed to cc the list..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger at foundations.edu>
Date: Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Koha] 3.6.2 - System preferences cannot be updated
To: Tom Hanstra <tom at nd.edu>

Hi Tom,
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Tom Hanstra <tom at nd.edu> wrote:

> I'm running into a problem with changing System Preferences values.  When
> I attempt to make a change, I get these errors in the message log
>
> Message Log
>
>   * Error; your data might not have been saved
>   * You need to log in again, your session has timed out
>
> The session has not actually timed out as I can continue to go to other
> screens and navigate the Staff Client.  I've checked permissions on files
> and database access and these are not a problem.
>
> Does anyone have an idea on what might be happening?  Anyone else seen
> such problems?  I'm seeing this on two different instances of 3.6.2.

I just tried editing sysprefs on a 3.6.2 install on my sandbox. I was
unable to reproduce this problem. While I'm not sure what might be causing
your problem, this at least points toward a local problem.

Have you cleaned your cookies and flushed your browser cache on the client
side? I'm not sure where you are storing your session data, but this might
be worth a shot.

Kind Regards,
Chris