[Koha] introduction, also: renew all patrons?

emilly mcleay celuran at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:26:42 NZDT 2012

Hi!

I'm at a small secondary college library in Melbourne, Australia and we
just migrated to Koha (v3.6) over the summer holidays! It's been pretty
exciting and has mostly gone very smoothly. (also, so glad the mailing list
archives are easy to search, and that most of my questions were
asked&answered already!) Now that I'm using it day to day, I've started to
notice that a lot of the patrons expired in the past, if that makes sense,
last year or otherwise before we actually installed Koha. I'm guessing it's
to do with the fact that I set all the students to an enrolment period of
14 months, but their registration date copied over from the old system? I
thought 14 months made sense, as I've divided patrons into year level
categories, and 14 months gives me four weeks leeway to move all the
patrons into their new year levels before getting four hundred notices that
patrons are about to expire.

Obviously it's an easy fix individually - just hit renew patron when I'm
about to check out to them - but I was wondering if there was an easy way
to renew all patrons.

Thanks

Emilly McLeay
www.emillymcleay.com