[Koha] granularity of library control of item viewability and requestability

Liz Rea lrea at nekls.org
Sat Feb 18 16:38:19 NZDT 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Lori Bowen Ayre <lori.ayre at galecia.com> wrote:
> Is it possible for libraries to control whether items they own are viewable
> by other libraries (and can they control WHICH libraries can view their
> items)?

Not really.

> Can a library make their items viewable but not requestable for filling
> holds  (and can they control WHICH libraries can view and which can request
> their items)?

Yes, using the Holds policy by item type controls in the circ and fine
rules. I haven't ever tried it, but I'm sure you could use circ rules
to limit which libraries can request holds (technically, the method I
am thinking of is undocumented, and is considered a bug, but you may
be convincing me that it's not a bug and actually is useful).

Liz Rea
Northeast Kansas Library System
lrea at nekls.org
785-838-4090