[Koha] koha-circulation policies and patron restricions

Agnes Rivers-Moore arm at hanover.ca
Wed Feb 15 10:00:25 NZDT 2012

Hello Satish

Please state which version of Koha or Liblime Koha.
Also, please explain how the different types of student are identified
in Koha (patron categories?) and also how the different types of books
are identified in Koha (item type? location? collection code?).

Depending on the version and what data is in Koha some of this may be
achieved using the circulation rules.

Agnes

On 12/02/2012 12:00 PM, satish wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have only one kind of patron's  (student's) database with the library,
> and depends on the collection/library ( from general stack, SC book bank)
> patrons will be having restrictions to number of books to be borrowed and
> also the due -date attached to it.
>
> Our scenario is:
> eg: General category student can take  only  1 book  from General Stack and
> due date is for 15 days and not from any other stack.
> where as, SC category student can take 2 books from SC book bank for 3
> months and also 1 book from General stack for 15 days.
>
> How to restrict patrons from checking out books from particular collection?
>
> How to achieve this?
> Thank you in Advance
> Satish

CEO/ Chief Librarian
Hanover Public Library.
451 10th Ave,
Hanover, ON
N4N 2P1

Tel: 519-364-1420
Email: arm at hanover.ca

Please consider the environment before printing this message or attachments.

Support your library! Please consider making a donation, joining the Friends of the Library, or remembering us in your will.