[Koha] Z39.50 pop-up box

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Feb 7 12:51:24 NZDT 2012

At 09:43 AM 2/7/2012 +1300, Mason James wrote:
>On 2012-02-7, at 5:43 AM, Paul wrote:
> > At 06:39 PM 2/5/2012 -0500, Garry Collum wrote:
> >> Ah!  My offlist reply was unintentional.  There is also an instance of
> the PopupZ3950 function in addbiblio.tt.
> >>
> >> ~/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/cataloguing/addbiblio.tt
> >
> > Many thanks Garry.  For the record in 3.6.1 it is at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/cataloguing/addbiblio.tt
> >
> > One question remains from my original query:  Is there a quick CLI
> command to restart Koha without rebooting the server?
> >
> > The .tt didn't need it, but the .inc did (maybe a quirk of my install
> of memcached.)
>
>probably a quirk of your web browser or web-proxy
>
>afaik, Koha does not use memcached to cache any files

Maybe not out of the box, but I've set it up to do just that.  You can set
a memcached server "per site" plus one for perl.  See
<http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7451>.

I'm fairly certain that it accounts for part of the speed on our new server
(even with 8 Gigs of memory and solid state drives), although I haven't
done any formal timing with and without it.  I'm also testing whether it
could be advantageous to use an addition memcached server for zebra, but
there's problems with the cronjob that we have set at one minute.

There is one slight difficulty that I have not looked into too deeply, and
that is that it *may* be difficult to use on an Apache prefork install -- I
used worker.  On our old server (now my sandbox) using prefork (and Koha
3.2) I was never convinced that it did anything.

One day I'll try and experiment - I know that Paul Poulain is also
interested in "speeding things up."  I can tell you that our volunteers
have fallen in love with 3.6.1, in good part because of the speed.

Best - Paul