[Koha] Question about instances and VPS

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Wed Dec 26 23:55:37 NZDT 2012

Hi,

my test Koha have 10 GB of HD, 512 mb RAM and 1 CPU.
>1. How many instances can i create? (it's subdomain www.xxx.mylibrary.com)
As much as you want, if you can give them an address with DNS.

>2. And for example, 100-200 instances, is that problem with my VPS when they all work together? Do >i have to care about my VPS's RAM, chipset, HDD, internet bandwidth, or something like that?

In fact the problem is if they work together at same time.
Do you have 100-200 students ?
Probably RAM is the first problem.

A suggestion:
-- create download Koha CD (seek the link)
-- tell the student to install it in theier PC
-- help them on doing it.

Probably one person is not enough for 100 students.
You van manage 20 max 30 strudents at one time.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli