[Koha] Sort Library branches by name in Koha Staff Login

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 08:02:53 NZDT 2012

Amir, Owen
I had misunderstood.

Yes, on staff "login" branches are ordered by branchcode.
The reason is on C4/Auth,pm, around line 953, if you change the line

  for my $branch_hash (sort keys %$branches) {

by

   for my $branch_hash (sort { uc($branches->{$a}->{branchname}) cmp
uc($branches->{$b}->{branchname}) } keys %$branches) {

then you will have branches ordered by branchname on staff login and
opac login (if you set OpacPublic as 'Disable')

That is the same order imposed on method GetBranchesLoop in C4/Branch.pm.
I think that it would be possible (desirable) to use only the Branch.pm method.

Anyway, I do not recommend to touch the file, but if you are in a
hurry it does not brake anything.

Regards,
Bernardo
--