[Koha] Search operators

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Fri Dec 7 06:14:41 NZDT 2012

Possibly with other numbers such as barcode or biblio numbers.
Elaine

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Jared Camins-Esakov <
jcamins at cpbibliography.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> As many of you know, I have been working on rewriting Koha's search code so
> that it is more palatable than a plate of burned nine-day-old spaghetti.
> The initial part of the development is nearing completion, and I look
> forward to submitting a patch to the community for sign off[1].
>
> In the course of the first section of the development, I have run into an
> interesting question. We currently support greater than and less than
> operators in our searches, but I cannot think of anywhere we might want to
> use them other than with dates. Does anyone have any scenarios where a
> greater than/less than operator would actually be useful in a bibliographic
> or authority search (other than in date searches)?
>
> Regards,
> Jared
>
> [1] If you're interested in seeing my work so far, the search rewrite
> branch in my public repo has all the code:
>
> http://git.cpbibliography.com/?p=koha.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/search_rewrite
> The RFC is at
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/C_%26_P_Search_Rewrite_RFCand
> I would still welcome any and all comments.
>
> --
> Jared Camins-Esakov
> Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
> (phone) +1 (917) 727-3445
> (e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
> (web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)