[Koha] Links shelving locations to maps

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Dec 5 08:57:16 NZDT 2012

* Maria Okonska (maria.okonska at brooklaw.edu) wrote:
> Hi there,
> Brooklyn Law School Library would like to share with everyone the simple solution to link your shelving locations to maps.  The only one challenge is that the script cannot extend 80 characters.
>
> 1.      --> Go to staff module
>
> 2.      --> Administration
>
> 3.      --> Show category
>
> 4.      --> LOC
>
> 5.      --> Description (OPAC)
>
> 6.      --> Edit
>
> 7.      --> Description (OPAC)

> You have to store your maps on your local server.
> It would be really beneficial if more characters could be added to each category, it doesn't seem to be the big development. I hope that this will improve our OPACS display and make our users very happy. To see examples in our catalog please visit us: https://catalog.brooklaw.bywatersolutions.com/
> Please share your comments.
> My best,
> Maria

Very cool!!

And yes extending the 80 char limit is very easy, would you like to go
http://bugs.koha-community.org/ and file an enhancement request asking
something like 80 chars is too small for authorised values, could
authorised_value, lib and lib_opac be extended

(Something like that anyway)

Thank you

Chris

--