[Koha] 3.8.4 search on barcode

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Aug 29 10:55:58 NZST 2012

At 05:33 PM 8/28/2012 +0100, Elaine Bradtke wrote:
>It doesn't find it at all. If it returns anything, it's based the result on
>the biblio number.
>
>On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
>
> > > After the upgrade, when we try to search on barcode, it doesn't return
> > the
> > > appropriate record
> >
> > Meaning the corresponding title is not at the top of the search
> > results list, or do you mean it doesn't jump directly to the detail
> > page for that record?

As a point of reference, we have totally identical results in 3.6.1, 3.6.7
and 3.8.4. [and it doesn't jump directly to the detail page for that record.]

Barcode search (both OPAC and staff) is fully functional from any "search"
in the library catalogue - not just full/advanced selecting
'Barcode'.  However, while the first line of the results is "perfect" it
continues with some rather "fuzzy" but logical follow-ups corresponding to
the first 8 alphanemerics only:

Search for 11NAT09120001 finds in this order:
11NAT09120001
11NAT09110001
11NAT09100001
11NAT09120002
11NAT09120003

-- if I search for 11NAT it finds 207 results (and the 207th is still good
... )

In any case, the functionality appears to have continued through the
versions; CAVEAT: 3.6.7 and 3.8.4 were new installs on different servers
using an sql dump/restore from our production 3.6.1, and were not
"upgrades" in the sense of overwriting a previous install.

HTH and br - Paul