[Koha] Can data from CDISIS transfered to MySQL

franc at library.iisc.ernet.in franc at library.iisc.ernet.in
Thu Aug 23 03:32:58 NZST 2012

> Hi all
>
> Presently i am working on CDISIS WINISIS.Now i want to switch over to
> KOHA.Kindly guide me can i export my data to MySQL as i have thousands of
> records of my Library.
>
> Kind regards
>

> Naveed.

Naveed, I have two suggestions to port the data from CDS/ISIS to Koha.

Option 1: Export the records from CDS/ISIS in ISO2709 (ISO) file format.
The ISO file can then be converted to MARC format using the MarcEdit tool.

Option 2: The print formatting language of CDS/ISIS is so powerful that
one can export the CDS/ISIS records in virtually in whichever format one
needs. You can, therefore, export the records as a CSV or tab delimited
file and then use the MarcEdit tool to convert the records to .mrk file
first and then convert the .mrk file to .mrc, The .mrc file can then be
imported into Koha.

Hope this helps.

Best, Francis

> believed to be clean.