[Koha] Completeness of records for importing

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Aug 22 01:43:15 NZST 2012

At 02:29 PM 8/21/2012 +0530, franc at library.iisc.ernet.in wrote:
[snip]
>Field 008 has been generated by the MarcEdit tool. Should it be
>substituted with 260$c using the same tool? I did look up the LoC site to
>have a better understanding of the field 008. It says character position
>07-10 as Date1. Could you please let me know as to what does 'Date1' refer to?

"Date 1/beginning date of publication" -- pls see
<http://www.loc.gov/marc/umb/um07to10.html#part10> -- for books (rather
than serials, which can also have an "ending date of publication") this
date is most often the same as 260$c (for a full discussion of 260$c and
260$g, see <http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd260.html>.)

Paul