[Koha] Question on Z39.50 cross-format queries

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Aug 14 23:11:25 NZST 2012

* Manos Petridis (egpetridis at yahoo.com) wrote:
> >________________________________

Then you would be expecting wrong, it indexes the MARC, which is
stored as marcxml in the biblioitems table. If yuo want more in depth
on the internals of Koha, it's better on the koha-devel list.

Only a small fraction of the over 900 marc fields (most of which are
repeatable) and their myriad of subfields (also repeatable) are mapped
to columns in the database and stored.

The cataloguers on this list will be able to tell you much better than
I, but a crosswalk between UNIMARC and MARC21 (or NORMARC, or DANMARC
or whatever else) is very hard to pull off, when you have to deal with
control fields, indicators etc

Chris
--
Chris Cormack