[Koha] Why are our borrowers being restricted?

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Tue Aug 14 09:24:41 NZST 2012

Tim,

Restrictions are put in place about 5 minutes before emailed overdue
> notices are received, so guessing it's the same process.
>
> Overdue notice/status triggers Restrict column is unchecked.
> Preference OversBlockCirc is set to Don't block
> All fines are set to 0.00, MaxFine is set to 0.00. Maxoutstanding and
> Noissuescharge is set to 100.00.
>
> Anyone see any obvious preferences we may have missed that could be
> causing this?

It's not exactly "obvious," but could you check the Overdue notice/status
triggers again, and make sure that you either don't have overdue triggers
for any libraries other than the default library, or that *none* of them
have the Restrict box checked?

Also, when you say "restricted," what is the exact message you are getting
when you go to check out books to this patron? (or, if you are noticing the
restriction in another context, where exactly do you notice the
restrictions)

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/